The big announcement is set for September 12th – Apple is calling iOS 11 “A giant step for iPhone. A monumental leap for iPad.” iOS 11 provides many new features, I’ve been using the beta for a while, and I’m really excited about the new functionality. A few of my favorites features are:
- Files App (makes iPad Pro awesome!)
- Person-to-person Apple Pay
- Customizable Control Center (add the alarm clock!)
- Do Not Disturb While Driving
- A more realist Siri (who can translate!)
Are you ready?? What to do BEFORE the big announcement:
- Back up your device!
- Import photos to your computer (just in case!)
- Update the iOS to the most current (iOS 10.3.3)
- Back up your device again!
Can you update right away? Sure IF you have a backup, and a “pioneering spirit” ? (which means some patience!!) The initial beta required a great deal of pioneering spirit, but with recent beta updates (9 in total) it’s a great update.