Meet Libby! Digital library loans have traditionally been cumbersome, requiring many steps to complete. I recently found a new app “Libby” by Overdrive that simplifies the process.
What so great about Libby? It’s a single app that lets you search for library books (including audio books), create a virtual “shelf” for your books, as well as a place to listen to or read the books. If you prefer the Kindle app, Libby can send your book there as well.
– Download Libby from the Apple App Store, Google Play or Microsoft
– Select “Find Library”, confirm location
– Sign in with your library card
– After signing in, select “Library” to view the catalog or search titles/subjects/authors
– Select “Shelf” to see currently checked out items and holds. Scroll through “Loans” to listen, read or download a selection.